Claiming Your NJ Unemployment Benefits
NJ has a web portal at www.njuifile.net which you can visit for all your unemployment benefits and transactions. If you have worked in NJ and are currently unemployed, you can file for unemployment benefits either by phone or online through www.njuifile.net. To get your unemployment insurance benefits though, you will have to meet certain requirements. First you should have worked for the past 18 months in New Jersey. Second you must not have worked for the Federal Government in the past 18 months. Third you must not have served in the military in the past 18 months. Fourth you must not have worked as a Maritime employee in the last 18 months and lastly you must reside in the USA.
www.njuifile.net Online portal
When you go on to the www.njuifile.net online portal you will find that along with being able to file your unemployment insurance claim, you can also reopen a pending claim. You can also claim your weekly benefits here as well as check on the status of your claim. You can also add or change your direct deposit information, add or change your address and telephone number information, as well as view and print your 1099-G tax statement.
Steps to apply for Unemployment Benefits
Before you file a claim with www.njuifile.net for your unemployment benefits, there are certain requirements that you must fulfill. First of all you must have worked in NJ within the past 18 months. You will also need to have access to a computer and an internet connection. It is recommended that you use a private computer to file your claim for security reasons. It is to be noted that at www.njuifile.net you can file a new NJ unemployment claim, reopen an existing claim or file for a unemployment weekly claim or even to print your 1099-G tax statement.
Steps to file your unemployment claim online
Before you go online and enter the www.njuifile.net portal it is important that you have paper and pen handy as well as all the information that you would need to file your claim.
• First you need to log into the www.njuifile.net portal.
• Now you need to click where it says File or reopen your UI claim.
• This takes you to the next page where you have to enter your Online ID and Password. If you do not already have an online ID and Password you need to click on the First time user button.
• This takes you to the next page where you have to fill in your personal information like your name, social security number, date of birth. You will also be asked to enter your contact information which would be your email and phone number.
• Next you will be asked to create an Online ID and password. You need to use an online ID and password that you will have to remember since you have to use it every time you visit this site.
• Next you will be asked to answer 2 security questions. This step lets you be identified in case you forget your online ID or password.
• Next you will have to enter a code in the code box.
• After you are done with this you will need to click on the button that says Create my account.
• Once your account is created you will be taken to the next page where you will have to fill in your information regarding your unemployment claim.
• You will have to fill in your social security number, your bank account information if you want your benefits directly deposited into your bank, employer information for the last 18 months, this includes name, address, telephone number, beginning and end dates of employment as well as reason for unemployment.
• If you are not a citizen, you will need to fill in details about your alien registration type, number and country of origin as well as information from your Employment Authorization card or your Permanent Resident Card.
• It is also recommended that you enter your NJ drivers license number or your Non driver Photo Identification Card number to speed up the process of your claim.
The www.njuifile.net Unemployment Benefit Portal
This web portal enables you to file quickly for your unemployment benefits. You do not have to visit the NJ unemployment office to file your claim. Though you can file your unemployment claim over the phone, the web portal lets you file your claim at your convenience. You need not file your claim during office hours but you can file your claim at anytime you wish. This service is free for you to use based on you creating an account.
Benefits of registering for an account with the NJ unemployment web portal.
When you register for an account with www.njuifile.net to file an unemployment claim, you get access to many features that are available on this portal. Not only can you file a new claim for unemployment benefits but you can also reopen an old claim. This portal gives you instant access to the status of your claim as well. You can also claim your weekly benefits on this site. Another advantage with this site is that you can change your direct deposit information or add another bank information to your records. You can also change your address information as well as your telephone information here. You can also view or print your 1099-G Tax statement. You can do all of this and more from the convenience of your home at any time of the day or night. Unlike with a telephone you do not have to wait for office hours to be able to transact you unemployment benefit business. There is also no wait period as you may have if you transact your business over the phone.
Www.njuifile.net makes it very convenient and easy for you to both apply and collect your unemployment benefits since all the information that you need is available at one site and can be accessed by you at your convenience.